Focusing too early on Lead Generation or Sales without a well thought out and deployed Go To Market and sales strategy is brutally inefficient. Most start-ups are grinding to get their initial sales. Even around the €1-2mm ARR mark, more often than not sales are being made by Founders, and not ready to scale.
Most start-ups are grinding to get their initial sales. Even around the €1-2mm ARR mark, more often than not sales are being made by Founders, unready for scale and without a clear process or methodology. Which inevitably creates 3 problems:
- Perpetuates not having any clarity on WHY or HOW people are making the decision to buy the product;
- Leads to hitting a revenue wall pretty early on;
- Ends up creating a loss in revenue once the Founders move on to problems which arise with actually delivering the sale;
This yo-yo effect understandably creates a very acute and clear pain point for Founders, who sooner or later look at outsourcing sales given the underlying value proposition:
- Specialised selling for Software / SAAS / Martech / Blockchain / etc
- Cost Savings around outsourcing vs in house headcount
- Faster deployment and speed to revenue
Whilst these are REAL and VALID arguments for Mid Market Scale-Ups or Enterprise players, they will most certainly be insufficient for Start-ups given the rather ominous assumption that they are BUYER READY, or that they have the inbound basics are already in place (SEO, optimized sales funnels, content / thought leadership strategy, etc).
Outsourcing Lead Generation or Sales without a well thought out and deployed Go To Market and sales strategy is brutally inefficient: time and money spent throwing extra sales resources at a problem which isn’t fixed at its core, resulting in the same problem we started out with… aggravated by the passing time.
This exact pain point is why Lancelot LDN came around: we provide a Growth As A Service model for tech start-ups, moving them from founder-led / little market traction through to a ready to scale sales operation.
We also understand start-up Founders are very careful with their outgoings (or they should be!), so we make a point of clarifying exactly what it is that you can expect from us, over our relationship. This can be broken down into two key moments:
- One initial 12 week consultative cycle – broken into two 6 week mini cycles – to ensure you are ready to scale your sales operation.
- Ongoing 12 week implementation cycles, working with whatever Sales Operation Model we have built together.
That’s it. No black box, just a very clear and transparent process to get you to where you need to be. Implement, analyse, adjust, repeat.
Let’s apply the 5 Why’s process to why this helps start-up Founders:
- Why? The faster you get there, the more value your company will have;
- Why? The technology marketplace is very much valued on speed of growth, because it proves scalability;
- Why? The same way an MVP proves you have worked back from the business results you’re trying to achieve to build a product people want, revenue growth proves you have figured out how to sell it too;
- Why? It’s possible to take a venture to 7 digits revenue just out of grind. But the only way to $10m and beyond is through scalable technology;
- Why? If you need an answer to that question, you are probably my mum trying to figure out what it is we do again (let’s call it “techy stuff”, mum!);
Objectively, we get your business ready to increase sales, given increased resources. Reach out to see how we can help you.
Meanwhile, check out Gartner’sFuture of Sales 2025: Why B2B Sales Needs a Digital-First Approach – always food for thought!